Twitter’s extraordinary live audio room feature, Twitter Spaces, has hit the masses in December 2020 and has been making a mark ever since. The reason behind its popularity is apparently, its ability to hold audio conversations and discussions that’s more in demand.
Twitter Spaces are a kind of clubhouse where users sharing similar interests meet, participate, listen, and discuss various subjects. Using this feature is quite simple.
There are certain drawbacks you get to encounter using this feature on the Twitter app. For example, you seem to get notified every time the people you follow are starting spaces, by default. Nevertheless, there’s a way you can use to evade the notification captioned “Person is speaking” when you are not ready to join in. In that case, you can avoid getting such updates by just disabling the notifications.
You can disable the notifications on your Android and iOS devices using the following steps:
- Open the Twitter app and go to its settings via the menu featured on the top left corner.
- Tap on “Settings and privacy”.
- The page then opened features two Headings, one with your Twitter and the other with General. “Notifications” is to be seen under the heading of your Twitter handle. Tap on it.
- The preferences page open up. Go to “Push notifications.”
- The page thus opened shows you the details of the notifications you receive. Go to the “Broadcast and spaces” check box and tap on it to uncheck. This will disable the Twitter notifications for Spaces and live streams.
- Other than Twitter Space, you can consider disabling other push notifications troubling you by unchecking the check box against them.
- The same process needs to be repeated if you use the Twitter app on more than one device, be it iPhones, iPads, tablets, or even your laptops or PCs.
There may be a case when you again wish to get notified about the happenings on your Twitter. Just check in the notification as per your interest.